Where it all began
As a result of a religious awakening and revival that took place in the late 1800s, a small group of believers regularly gathered in Grabill, Indiana, and grew both in number and zeal for God. Eventually, they joined the Missionary Church Association, which was still in its infancy, having begun in 1898. In 1901, GMC constructed one of the first buildings in Grabill, Indiana! With a strong resolve that the gospel should be taken to the ends of the earth, GMC’s original 40 charter members sought to change the world. Being world changers proved to be (and continues to be) a fundamental pursuit at GMC through its long line of devout leadership, community connection and abundant support for missions.
Where we are now
Through the years GMC’s building and leadership has changed; however, its location on the corner of State Street and Maple Drive remains, and its intentionality on introducing others to Jesus prevails. After 23 years as GMC’s senior pastor, Rev. William Lepley extended his shepherd’s staff, a symbol of leadership transfer, to an eager pastor with a southern drawl and an unmatched fervor to share Jesus with the local community and beyond. WORSHIP services have edged close to capacity, SMALL GROUP attendance has increased and an undeniable zeal to SERVE has ignited in the people of GMC.
Where we are headed
Simply put, we're headed wherever God wants us to go and be intentional while we’re there! Whether it’s where we spend most of our time, where we spend some of our time, where we really don’t want to spend our time or where we never thought we’d ever spend our time (like across the ocean!), God wants us to be fully present, fully willing and fully ready to serve and love others--an adventure awaits!
Be a part of our story.
Join us every Sunday as we gather together at 9:00am and 10:15am.